EQUIP THE SAINTS
In many aspects, Christians are doing the exact opposite, which is rebellion.
Christians would be amazed to find out how much of what they do is against Jesus… that is against Christianity… that is pagan in origin… that is sin!
Christianity has displayed itself to the world, as a fractured, flesh-driven, institutionalized machine, that is driven by mammon (wealth/greed/power/ambition), rather than the spiritual power ambassadors of God’s Kingdom. For the most part, “church” can be described as man-made social clubs, inhabited by passive spectators, under a hierarchy of “ordained” leaders in control.
Most Christian educational contraptions are worldly structures, geared toward teaching business models and denominational doctrines.
Many people don’t see a problem with all of these “rituals, doctrines and traditions”. Don’t be a part of it.
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.”
2 Corinthians 5:10
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?
Christians in the first 300 years after Jesus, followed what Jesus (and Father) intended them to do, operating in a much different way than what we see today.
Ephesians 4 “4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. … 11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (ESV)
Most Christians today
have never had an encounter with God!
Let’s look at some obvious examples of what Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit expects of us, versus what we see today developed by and blindly followed by people…
- Early Christians heard God’s voice and could see in the spirit and operated as the Holy Spirit led them, under Father’s will, exactly as Jesus had done and taught us to do!
Jesus never did anything of His own will (John 5:19 and 30; 6:38; 8:28; 12:49-50; 14:10). Most Christians today operate under their own will or some leader’s will.
- The Gospel of Jesus was not fully preached without signs and wonders…
“in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.” Romans 15:19. “My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power” 1 Corinthians 2:4
Christians preaching without demonstrations of God’s power are anti-biblical… Miracles, signs and wonders have all but disappeared by the hands of Christians. Many that do operate in the spirit are even attacked by those who don’t.
- A new Christian was immediately, fully-immersed baptized in water. Water baptism was considered an integral part of salvation… burying the old and being reborn in Christ. People didn’t have to take courses or prove that they were worthy of being baptized.
- A new Christian was delivered of evil spirits (Spiritual warfare was done on them). And deliverance was a continual process. Jesus said, “And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons” Mark 16:17. Early Christians could discern spirits to insure that they were being guided by the Holy Spirit and not fooled by false apostles and demons, that were pretending to be angels of light (2 Corinthians 11:12-15). Rare is the Christian today that can discern evil spirits or obtains deliverance from evil spirits or who does spiritual warfare.
- A new Christian was filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 19:6) … a baptism of the Holy Spirit, to operate and pray in His power (Jude 1:20). This baptism didn’t require a course or proof of worthiness.
- Christians operated in spiritual gifts, services and activities from the Holy Spirit such as spiritual wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discernment of spirits, tongues, interpretation of tongues
(1 Corinthians 12). Rare is the Christian today that operates in the spirit.
- Christianity was the 1st and only faith ever seen in the world that had no rituals, no clergy, and no sacred buildings.
- There was no such thing as a “church” building. People didn’t “go to church” … people are the Church (1 Corinthians 3: 9 and 16)!
- Christians met in homes and every one had the privilege and responsibility to participate, as each Christian is a saint and a royal priest (Romans 8:14-17; 1 Peter 2:9), not some select few. No one was a spectator.
- Assemblies or gatherings were not “religious” services. They were informal, free, spontaneous, joyful, edifying, had corporate spiritual worship (no worship leader/team), operating in Holy Spirit gifts, sharing testimonies and providing mentorship (equipping the saints), with Jesus as the head.
- Early Christians did not accept everyone as part of the body, despite what is taught in most of today’s ministries and organizations
(see 1 Corinthians 5; 2 Timothy 3; 2 Thessalonians 3:14). There are conditions where people are to be avoided and/or removed from the Church. Rarely do Christians follow God’s commands today.
- Assemblies of believers never broke off into separate denominations; developed alternative systems; believing that only they were worthy or right. Roman Catholicism; Eastern Orthodox; Protestant sects are all man-made, religiopolitical creations, reminiscent of Phariseeism, that Jesus constantly rebuked and came to replace. These “created entities” have made up countless doctrines, many of which are compromising with or “cherry-picking” from God’s Word; hindering the saints and/or are opposite of what Christians should be doing (sin/rebellion). There aren’t separate denominations or man-made doctrines in heaven. “On earth, as it is in heaven” Matthew 6:10 rarely applies to the Christian community today.
- The terms “clergy” and “laity” and “ordination”, are made up terms to separate Christians into hierarchies. Seminaries were invented by institutions to this end. Gatherings of Christians was not designed to be under a “gifted” person or an “orator”. (see 1 Corinthians 1: 10-17).
- Paid orators was a pagan business prior to Christianity. This was never God’s will for His Church body.
- Decision making was done by the entire assembly, not by one person or by a board of directors.
- Many doctrines followed today were made up by man. Such as the “covering” doctrine, where Christians are expected to be under a leader’s control, is dictatorial and totally unbiblical. False; cruel; controlling and/or corrupt shepherds/leaders (ravenous wolves) are rebuked and warned with judgment many times, for improperly handling God’s sheep (Christians) (Ezekiel 34; Acts 20:28-31; 2 Corinthians 11:12-15; 1 Timothy 1:3-4; 2 Peter 2). Christians are to avoid them (Romans 16:17-18). Each person is ultimately responsible for their own words and actions (Matthew 12:36; 2 Corinthians 5:10).
- The early Christians had no fixed order of worship (John 4: 23-24).
- Apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds (pastors) and teachers were functions of elders of the faith (not offices), that equipped the saints (every Christian) to function as a spiritual member of the church body.
- Apostles or church planters, would give input and direction for groups of new Christians. The function of the apostle and prophet has all but disappeared today, with the “office” of priest/pastor reinstituted as a “be-all” boss and mediator. Every Christian has direct access to God (Ephesians 2:18). The priest system and Holy of Holies was destroyed at the Cross.
- Christians mentored others and each other, learning under Jesus’ model of hands-on or practical training.
- Christians shared their lives with a daily focus on Jesus. They were truly a family.
Jesus said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28: 19-20
As we can see, most Christians today are falling far short of their potential and God’s expectations.
Much blame can be put on people-pleasing, organizational/business-driven, mammon/power-seeking, false, corrupt, self-willed and/or ignorant leaders. Yet each person is still responsible to find out and follow God’s Truth for themselves.
There is so much more that can be brought forward here of what Christians and Christianity should look like, according to God and what God expects of each of His children.
Crown of Life Ministries
Way of the Eagle International
offers teaching in God’s Truth
and in how to develop yourself
as a spirit-filled child of God,
operating in power and authority.
And how to fulfill your destiny
Just like the early Christians
that walked with God did!
No one needs a degree from a University or a Diploma from a College or to take a course, however, educational tools with God’s Standards, can help you understand and develop as a child of God. The early disciples and early Christians didn’t have a New Testament Bible to highlight with their markers or study books to research from. They worked “on-the-job” with the Holy Spirit and with seasoned mentors. Modernization has allowed us to advance with educational opportunities, however, books don’t replace God, spiritual gifts and practical experience.
IS DESIGNED TO EQUIP YOU,
THE ROYAL PRIEST,
THE JOINT-HEIR WITH CHRIST!
We aim to succeed in equipping you in how to operate in your spiritual senses with spiritual gifts; to visit and walk with God and to Heaven; under the Holy Spirit power; and to fully preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in miracles, signs and wonders (Romans 15:19)!