THE SPIRIT OF FEAR IS A FRAUD
By Rhoda Collins
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind”. 2 Timothy 1:7
“There is no fear in love [dread does not exist]. But perfect (complete, full-grown) love drives out fear, because fear involves [the expectation of divine] punishment, so the one who is afraid [of God’s judgment] is not perfected in love [has not grown into a sufficient understanding of God’s love].” 1 John 4:18
Fear seems to be the primary feeling that people experience these days. Fear is a fraud that gets into your emotions to create anxiety, panic and high stress on an emotional level.
This is what happens to a body when a person gives into fear:
- Fear weakens the immune system and can cause cardiovascular damage and gastrointestinal problems such as ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Fear has a negative influence on aging.
- Fear can damage the formation of long-term memories and can cause damage to certain parts of the brain, such as in the hippocampus. As a result, the person is anxious most of the time. People will make decisions based on fear.
- Fear can interrupt processes in the brain that allows people to regulate emotions. This impacts the thinking and decision-making in negative ways, leaving people vulnerable to intense emotions and impulsive reactions.
The Bible says:
“The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in and puts his confidence in the Lord will be exalted and safe”. Proverbs 29:25
Our confidence should be in Yeshua Hamashiach. He is the I Am of our lives and He encourages us not to fear in any circumstances.
The Lord told me these things lately:
“The world is in panic but I AM. They shall not find rest until they find Me”. The world is in fear because they start everything in their life without God. They rely on humanistic infected thinking and they don’t see past this physical world.
The demonic spirit of fear can take many forms such as:
It intends to keep you from fulfilling the destiny that God has on your life. It blocks the overflow of God the Father’s and Jesus our Lord’s love to give to others and prevents you from living a joyful life.
Fear can be inherited though generational sins and curses (Lamentations 5:7). Like a seed planted in our flesh, at birth we have a fear. Our parents indulge it, as they too suffer from the same stifling fear and in their worldly compassion, continue to allow it to fester and grow. We must break this generational curse and apply this verse below:
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear hath torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love”. 1 John 4:18
Perfect Love in Jesus Christ is when we totally surrender and cast our cares on Him and enter His rest. Every day we should go to that secret place and spend time with Him in seeing Him and loving Him in the four chambers of our heart: the heart garden, the dance floor, bridal chamber and the soaking room. (see teaching in our library).
Guard your heart. The Bible says in Proverbs 4:23
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. We need to regularly guard our heart and be oblivious to all the worldly and demonic influences that are around us. Joyce Meyer said in her book, ‘The Battlefield of the Mind’, “Anxiety and worry are both an attack on the mind intended to distract us from serving the Lord. The enemy uses both of these torments to press our faith down so it cannot rise up and help us live in victory”.
Life can offer many reasons to fear and the spirit of fear will use opportunities to bring in worry, anxiety and stress in an effort to increase fear. We can either make choices based on the spirit of fear or the Spirit of God. The spirit of fear has to be cast out. Fill yourself with the love of God.
Fear is an opportunity for you to be tested and perfected in God’s love for you. We can’t control our circumstances, but we can control what we allow in our minds, will and emotions.
8 Reasons why fear is a fraud
- Fear is Godless. Fear wants to magnify circumstances rather than magnifying God above all else. Fear wants to eradicate God out of your life. Luke 12:22
- Fear gives false evidence that appears real. Its deceiving a person at every level. There are many demons and familiar spirits and even people that speak to you in fear. We need to listen to the voice of Jesus that speaks faith to our mind and be led by the Holy Spirit. False prophets make profits.
- It makes us selfish. Even up to the point that people fight over toilet paper in stores.
- It makes us infective in the Kingdom of God. The world wants to see that we are different and so, we must make a difference in the world on how we talk, behave and think. There are things that we should do, but because of fear we don’t do them (Matthew 25:24-26). In Proverbs 22:13 there is a man, because of fear, will not go outside. There is a difference between prudence and paranoia. The Spirit of God will give you prudence; the spirit of fear will give you paranoia.
- It causes us to want to be God. People who are overcome by the spirit of fear want to know everything that is happening now and in the future. Such as, they want to control the future and the outcome of this virus pandemic. People ask me: “Why aren’t you afraid”? I say: “I trust the One who knows what the future holds.
- It causes us to lose touch with reality.
- It makes us double minded and unstable (James 1:5-8). People feel like they are on waves, getting sea sick; going back and forth, back and forth, when they are being double minded.
- It robs us from God’s destiny for us. The spirit of fear steals your joy, hope, peace and your sleep. The spirit of fear comes to rob you of God’s blessings that He has for you especially in your inner life: peace and joy. What people fear the most is death. Jesus came and conquered death so we can be victorious in our daily walk with Him.
1 Peter 3:14-15 says: “But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So, don’t worry or be afraid of their threats. Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it”.
No one finds the will of God through fear, but only through faith.
The way you conquer fear is by you exposing it and dismantling it through confessing the Word of God and spiritual warfare. Prophesy what God says in the Word:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you [from captivity]; I have called you by name; you are Mine”! Isaiah 43:1
Stop being fearful.
Stop being anxious.
Stop being under stress.
Run towards Jesus and conquer the spirit of fear!
You are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus!!
You are an Eagle!!